Friday, February 7, 2014

This week I took some items down to a local tattoo shop, Painted Lotus, because they're hosting a pretty swell charity event in May. Last year was their first "May the 4th" event, where they were offering Star Wars themed flash tattoos by donation. They were also auctioning off some various Star Wars related geekery, including film cells from the shooting of the movies. What happened with all of these hard earned dollars? All proceeds from the event were donated to the BC Children's Hospital.

I got my newest tattoo (and my first since I moved to BC!) in November, and my artist asked me about my badass ring (Mars Attacks) and whatever necklace I happened to be wearing that day. After I explained what I had been making, he asked if I would be willing to donate a few pieces to the 2014 event- how could I say no? This year, he explained, they are expanding to include more types of nerd-core; including Star Wars (of course), Star Trek, Doctor Who, Firefly and a couple others.

I took a quick shot of what I was taking, before I wrapped each item and left the house. Star Wars belt buckle, featuring R2-D2 and C3P0, Doctor Who and Star Wars key chains, and a necklace with a (totally metal) Spock throwing around some devil horns. Here's hoping I can help out with their fundraising and auction. Since I finish up work the weekend before the event (this year they will be holding it on May 5-6 for the weekend) I might even be able to pop by and witness some festivities. The photos from last year promise me people in costumes!

No comments:

Post a Comment